Naughty or nice, everyone loves a good party game, especially at Christmas! They’re the best way to get the party started and to break the ice and encourage guests to start mingling. The trick is to choose the right games based on your group dynamic and Christmas party theme.
But the majority of family games can work for any ages, you can either tone the down to make it easier for little kids or amp it up a notch to make the adults sweat. Either way a good game is the way to everyone's heart.
So time to dive in and get playing!
- 20 questions, the Christmas edition: guess the Christmas character by asking 20 'yes or no' questions.
- Christmas charades: Similar to any other game of charades, but you're using Christmas characters. The team that guesses the secret word from your teammates' acting win.
- Ornament round up: one to keep the kids busy whilst your making dinner, get them to guess how many ornaments are on the Christmas tree.
- Who am I?: Put post-it notes on people's forehead of what Christmas character they are, then they have to guess who they are by asking other people yes or no questions.
- Human Christmas tree: Decorate one representative from each team as a Christmas tree in the most creative way possible. Whoever has the most holiday spirit, wins!
- DIY Snowman: Grab some toilet rolls, cotton wool balls and tape. Divide your guests into teams and try to create the best snowman in the allotted time.
- I went to Lapland and got...: This is a festive variation of the game ‘I went to the shop...’ where every guest comes up with a Christmas-related word from A to B, adding an extra word as they go along.
- Twister: is the ultimate game to get you in a tangle so you can start the fun. This one is especially fun if you've had one too many glasses of mulled wine!
- Wrapping race: set up assembly lines of boxes or gifts, scissors, wrapping paper, ribbon and Sellotape then race to wrap.
- Belly Limbo: This is the limbo with a Christmas twist! Grab a large T-shirt, a pillow and a belt and get your guests to take it in turns to dress up with a ‘Santa belly' and do the limbo!
So grab your players and let the games begin because this Christmas just got competitive!!