Photos by Basil Kowatli
Happy Friday lovely people! What are your plans for the weekend? It's our rainbow queen Heidi's 23rd birthday this Sunday so we are out celebrating tomorrow YAY! You can follow us on Instagram + Twitter (@confetticrowd) if you fancy seeing what we get up to :).
Today I wanted to share a few words with you to help you feel motivated when you're feeling a lil bit lacklustre. Everybody (including us) has phases (sometimes really long ones) when they feel like their mojo has been flushed down the loo and we know too well how hard it can be to pick yourselves back up from that. Luckily for me I have 3 girls I get to work with AND call my best friends and we are always there for each other when the other ones needs a kick up the ass. Just surrounding yourself with positive, ambitious people who work hard is enough to get you started!
To strip it down to basics, and I mean this is in the nicest way possible - the only thing holding you back is YOU. It is NEVER too late to get yo' shit together! Us confettis are firm believers of the Law of Attraction, if you haven't heard of it yet go look it up pronto! An overall gist of the LOA is that we create our own lives through the power of our thoughts. You can literally manifest anything you want to happen if you really want it to. Once you realise how powerful your mind is you can start trying to focus your energy on all of the things you want to achieve in your life and watch it start to unfold. The first time I ever watched the LOA documentary on Netflix I legit couldn't sleep because I was so excited by it. It really was life changing and I'm always trying to spread the word about it.
Here are some tips and tricks that I use whenever I need a little mojo lift, whether that be work wise or just in general life.
1. I am an avid 'self help' book reader and I almost instantly feel better after I've spent an hour or so reading through one. These are some of my faves:
Life is a Gift and Living Magically both by Gill Edwards
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
These are all books that have really helped me to see life in a more positive way.
2. Write down all of your goals and dreams, no matter how big or small and put that list somewhere you can see it every day. If you're more of a visual person, create a moodboard with images of all the things you would like in your life and refer back to it often. Really picture yourself living the way you want it to be and it can become a reality!
3. Make to do lists. We all know how good it feels to tick something off a list once you've done it. Even just doing little bits here and there to help you achieve your goal is enough to keep you on the right track. Get ticking girl!
4. As I said earlier, surround yourself with people with big dreams. Go along to a networking event where you can chat to likeminded people or organise a catch up with friends and family who always leave you feeling positive and motivated.
5. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right. Always focus on the positives!
'She turned her cant's into cans and dreams into plans'
Earrings: No Basic Bombshell
Jumpsuit: Shop Fluffy
Boots: Dr Martens
Belt, Sunglasses+ Boots: Vintage
Jacket: Sassy World
Earrings: No Basic Bombshell
Sunglasses: Vintage + customised
Corset: Pretty Little Thing
Trousers: Pretty Little Thing